Clearing CTET has become a prerequisite for anyone, who wants to teach in recognized schools.
According to Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, clearing CTET is mandatory for:
- Central Government Schools
- Schools under administrative control of Union Territory of Chandigarh, and Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Government has made it optional for following schools to consider CTET:
- Schools, which are owned and managed by state government and local bodies — where Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) is compulsory
- Unaided private schools
However, CTET becomes important for the above mentioned schools also as:
- State government schools, which do not consider TET, will have to consider CTET
- As CTET is conducted by CBSE, it is expected to be adopted by all CBSE affiliated schools.
- State government of Delhi has already made it mandatory in January 2012 for aspiring teachers to clear CTET.
- Schools might also ask their existing teachers to clear the test, in order to continue their profession.