- A herb is a non-woody plant that has green and tender stems with few branches and is usually short.
- Herbs have a variety of uses including adding flavor to food, providing medicine for diseases and in some cases even adding a spiritual touch.
- Shrubs are taller than herbs and have stems branching out from the base.
- The stems of shrubs are hard not but thick.
- A common place where shrubs are grown is known as shrubbery.
- A tree is a woody plant that has many branches on a single stem.
- Trees benefit us by preventing soil erosion, maintaining the carbon dioxide content in the air and in building huts and making furniture.
- Threes are categorised based on their height, width of their trunk, their overall size, and of course their age.
- Creepers are plants with weak stems and hence cannot stand straight. They grow on the ground.
- Creepers have a tendency to develop new plants on their own.
- A few creepers could cause allergies or skin problems if touched.
- Climbers are plants that need support from other structures to grow and spread.
- Climbers can either move horizontally or vertically unlike creepers that move only horizontally.
- Climbers attracts insects and reptiles because of their brightly coloured flowers and fragrance.
With our free PDF notes you can get success in any competitive or entrance exams like CTET, KVS, NET, CAT, MAT, CMAT, SSC, B.ED, IBPS Recruitment, IAS, CSAT, State Civil Services Exams, UPTET, PSTET, HTET & many more. It also provides NCERT solutions, CBSE, NTSE, Olympiad study material, Indian General Knowledge, English, Hindi, Mathematics, Current affairs, Science, S.ST, model test papers, important Questions and Answers asked in CBSE examinations.