Some Special Parallelograms : Maths NCERT / CBSE Revision Notes
A quadrilateral is a closed figure which has four sides, four angles and four vertices. There are different types of quadrilaterals such as Parallelogram, Rectangle, Square, Rhombus,Trapezium and Kite.
A parallelogram is a quadrilateral in which
- opposite sides are parallel and equal,
- opposite angles are equal,
- the diagonals bisect each other,
- each diagonal divides it into two congruent triangles,
- adjacent angles are supplementary.
A square is a parallelogram in which
- all the sides are equal,
- each angle measures 900,
- diagonals are equal and bisect at right angles.
A rectangle is a parallelogram in which
- diagonals are equal and bisect each other,
- each angle measures 900.
A rhombus is a parallelogram in which
- all four sides are equal,
- diagonals bisect each other at right angles.
Theorem: A diagonal of a parallelogram divides it into two congruent triangles.
Theorem: If each pair of opposite sides is equal in a quadrilateral, then it is a parallelogram.
Theorem: If the diagonals of a quadrilateral bisect each other, then it is a parallelogram.
With our free PDF notes you can get success in any competitive or entrance exams like CTET, KVS, NET, CAT, MAT, CMAT, SSC, B.ED, IBPS Recruitment, IAS, CSAT, State Civil Services Exams, UPTET, PSTET, HTET & many more. It also provides NCERT solutions, CBSE, NTSE, Olympiad study material, Indian General Knowledge, English, Hindi, Mathematics, Current affairs, Science, S.ST, model test papers, important Questions and Answers asked in CBSE examinations.