Check out our fun nature facts for your exam and learn about a range of awesome topics including the natural environment, interesting wildlife, recycling, global warming, oceans, volcanoes, plants, animals and more.
Enjoy amazing information and cool facts about everything from plants that eat insects to animals that sleep while standing up with our wide range of fun nature facts for you.
- The Great Barrier Reef in Australia is the world‟s largest reef system.
- The waste hierarchy or 3 R‟s are (in order of importance) reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Around 75% of the volcanoes on Earth are found in the Pacific Ring of Fire, an area around the Pacific Ocean where tectonic plates meet.
- Despite it name, the Killer Whale (Orca) is actually a type of dolphin.
- Giant water lilies in the Amazon can grow over 6 feet in diameter.
- The largest ocean on Earth is the Pacific Ocean.
- The largest individual flower on Earth is from a plant called Rafflesia arnoldii. Its flowers reach up to 1 metre (3 feet) in diameter and weigh around 10kg.
- Plants on the surface of the Earth have existed for around 400 million years.
- Unlike humans, cows and horses sleep while standing up.
- When an insect touches the hairs of a Venus Fly Trap it triggers the plant to close, trapping its victim before killing and dissolving it in acid.
- Although Polar Bears have white, fluffy fur, their skin is actually black.
- Female lions are better hunters than male lions and do most of the hunting for a pride.
- Around three quarters of the increase in CO2 levels from human activity over the last 20 years is from the burning of fossil fuels. The rest is made up largely of land use changes such as deforestation.
- The largest land based mammals on Earth are elephants.
- Born in 1809, Charles Darwin was an English naturalist who developed the idea of natural selection and changed the way we think about evolution.
With our free PDF notes you can get success in any competitive or entrance exams like CTET, KVS, NET, CAT, MAT, CMAT, SSC, B.ED, IBPS Recruitment, IAS, CSAT, State Civil Services Exams, UPTET, PSTET, HTET & many more. It also provides NCERT solutions, CBSE, NTSE, Olympiad study material, Indian General Knowledge, English, Hindi, Mathematics, Current affairs, Science, S.ST, model test papers, important Questions and Answers asked in CBSE examinations.