1. In order to develop the spirit of labour in students
(1) The teacher himself should indulge in labour
(2) The teacher should deliver lectures on the importance of labour
(3) Students should be given opportunities to do labour from time to time
(4) Students should be given examples of laboring people
2. The essential element of the syllabus for the children remained out of school should be-
(1) Literacy competencies
(3) Numerical competencies
(4) Vocational competencies
3. A child has been admitted to your school who belongs to a back ward family/ background from the cultural viewpoint. You will
(1) Keep him in a class in which, there are many more students of backward background from the cultural viewpoint
(2) Send a teacher to know more about the backward cultural background of the child
(3) Keep him in a normal class but will make special arrangements for teaching him, keeping his special needs in view
(4) Advise him to take up vocational education
4. All of the following can be signs that a child is gifted, except
(1) Early development of a sense of time
(2) Interest in encyclopaedias and dictionaries
(3) Uneasy relationships with peers.
(4) Easy retention of facts
5. If heredity is an important determinant of a specific behaviour, what prediction can we make about expression of the behaviour in identical twins reared apart compared to its expression in fraternal twins reared apart?
(1) Fraternal twins will express the behaviour more similarly than identical twins.
(2) There will be little similarity in the expression of the behaviour in either set of twins.
(3) Identical twins will express the behaviour more similarly than fraternal twins.
(4) The behaviour will be expressed as similarly by identical twins as it is by fraternal twins.
6. Frobel’s most important contribution to education was his development of the
(1) Vocational school
(2) Public high school
(4) Latin School
7. A time bound testing programme for a students should be implemented in Schools so that-
(1) The progress of the students should be informed to their parents
(2) A regular practice can be carried out
(3) The students can be trained for final examinations
(4) The remedial programme can be adopted on the basis of the feedback from the results
8. Of the following, the main purpose of state certification of teachers is to
(1) Monitor the quality of teacher training institutions
(2) Provide for a uniform standard of entry-level teacher competency throughout the state
(3) Exclude from the profession those not trained in pedagogy
(4) Exclude from the profession those who are mentally unhealthy
9. The key difference between evolutionary and cultural change is that evolutionary change alters __________ whereas cultural change alters ____________.
(1) Reproduction; environment
(2) Heredity; environment
(3) Environment; behaviour
(4) Development; learning
10. The incorrectly associated pair is
(1) Joseph Lancaster –contract plan
(2) Benjamin Franklin-academy
(3) James B Conant –high school
(4) Horace Mann –elementary education
11. Which of the following forms of mental retardation is caused by the presence of an extra chromosome?
(1) Down syndrome
(4) Cultural-familial retardation
12. The problem of drop-out in which students leave their schooling in early years can be tackled in a better way through-
(1) Reduction of the weight of curriculum
(2) Sympathy of teachers
(3) Attractive environment of the school
(4) Encouragement of the students
13. The educator who advanced the idea of the five formal steps in leaving was:
14. Monica is 9 years old and has always done things independently. However, what her parents tend to find more bothersome is her total lack of concern about their approval or disapproval of the things she does. Monica appears
(1) To have developed a healthy attachment to her parents.
(2) To have failed to develop an attachment to her parents.
(3) To be redefining her attachment with her parents.
(4) To be overly attached to her parents.
15. If a teacher does not know the answer to a question asked by a student what he should do?
(1) Give a wrong answer to the students
(2) Admit his ignorance
(3) put off by promising to tell the next day
(4) Snub the student
For Answer Key- Visit Here
<<Back to TET Practice Papers
<<Back to TET Practice Papers