1. Choose the correct word to fill in the blank in the sentences. Copper is ….. useful metal.
(1) a (answer)
2. I forget his name.
In the above sentence the underline word is a…
(2) Verb (answer)
3. Identify the correct sentence.
(1) How far your house it is from her.
(2) You are doing that why?
(3) How far is it from here to your house (answer)
(4) Where you are going now
4. Choose the correct word to fill in the bland in the sentence. Rama can speak…..
(1) Fast (answer)
5. If you combine the following two sentences,
(a) He is strong. (b) He can work hard
You will get :
(1) He can work hard because he is strong (answer)
(2) He is strong when he can work hard
(3) Though he is strong, he can work hard
(4) Although he can work hard, he is strong.
6. To make the past perfect tense, we use this helping verb.
(2) Had (answer)
7. The opposite of ‘equality’ is……..
(4) Inequality (answer)
8. Identify the correctly spelt word.
(2) Accommodation (answer)
9. Choose the correct word to fill in the blank in the sentence.
We went…… the market last Sunday.
(3) To (answer)
10. Choose the correct phrase to fill in the blank in the sentence. They….. living here since 1999.
(1) Have been (answer)
(2) Has being
(3) Are being
(4) Have being
11. Identify the ‘positive degree’ of the sentence. Raju is taller than Amar.
(1) Amar is not tall as Raju
(2) Amar is not so tall as Raju (answer)
(3) Amar can be tall like Raju
(4) Amar is as tall as Raju
12. Identify the correct ‘question tag’ for the statement.
Your brother is a teacher……
(1) Is he
(2) Isn’t it?
(3) Isnt he
(4) Isn’t he ? (answer)
13. What is the meaning of the word underlined in the sentence? The water glittered in the sunlight.
(1) Shone (answer)
14. If you combine the following two sentences,
(a) She likes English. (b)She likes Mathematics.
You will get:
(1) She not only likes English, but also Mathematics.
(2) She likes not only English, but also Mathematics. (answer)
(3) Not only English but also she likes Mathematics.
(4) She likes English and not only Mathematics.
15. The ‘reported’ form of the sentence,
The Teacher said to the pupils, “Listen.”, is ……….
(1) The teacher said the pupils to listen.
(2) The teacher told the pupils listen.
(3) The teacher asked the pupils to listen. (answer)
(4) The teacher suggested the pupils to listen.