You came here to check your answer of CTET Set- 3 (Social Science) and if you haven't take this quiz then you should take it before checking the answers. Its best for your CTET exam preparation to practice more with guess papers.
CTET Practice Paper Set-03(Social Science)
(c) ionosphere (answer)
2. ‘Missiles’ are manufactured by…….
(a) Nuclear Fuel Complex
(b) Bharat Dynamics Ltd. (answer)
(c) Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd
(d) Bharat Heavy Plates and Vessels Ltd.
3. The conventional sign ‘R.H.’ on a given map on a given map denotes a ………….
(a) rural habitation
(b) regional habitation
(c) railway house
(d) rest house (answer)
4. Identify the countries which have a coastal line in Africa.
(a) Zambia, Mali
(b) Zimbabwe, Chad
(c) Libya, Egypt, Morocco (answer)
(d) Niger, Uganda
5. ‘Cyclones’ are known by this name in the Gulf of Mexico.
(c) Hurricanes (answer)
6. The cause for inclination of the earth towards the east is……..
(a) due to the presence of oceans an continents.
(b) the weight of ice in Antarctica is more than the weight of continents in the northern
(c) it has a slight bulge at the equator (answer)
(d) the Greenwich Meridian divides the earth into two halves
7. This will happen if the earth’s rotation is stopped.
(a) The earth loses magnetic forced at the poles and it is attracted towards the sun.
(b) The moon’s revolution will be stopped.
(c) The poles will change their places.
(d) The water bodies will go dry
8. Ravi was born on 29th February, 1964. The number of birthdays he has celebrated upto
the year 2011 is……..
(4) 11 (answer)
9. ‘Kolkata’ is located at 880 E longitude and Chennai at 700 E longitude. The time
difference between these two cities is…….
(a) 1 hr 12 mins (answer)
(b) 1 hr 16 mins
(c) 1 hr 04 mins
(d) 1 hr 08 mins
10. The temperature in ‘Visakhapatnam’ is 400 C. The temperature on Mt. Everest at the
height of 8848, mts will be…..
(c) 150 C
(d) -150 C
11. The Negroes of central and south Africa are known as..
(b) Burshmen (answer)
12. The flat lands which are 300mts above the sea level known as…….
(b) low lands
(c) high lands (answer)
13. ‘Anemos’ means….
(d) wind (answer)
14. The Panama canal connects these two water bodies.
(a) The Pacific and the Atlantic oceans (answer)
(b) The Atlantic ocean and the Mediterranean sea
(c) The Indian and the Atlantic oceans
(d) The Indian and the Pacific oceans
15. The world famous Niagara falls are located between these two lakes.
(a) Michigan and Superior
(b) Superior and Ontario
(c) Erie and Ontario (answer)
(d) Huran and Michigan
16. One of the following deserts is not a hot desert.
(a) Gobi (answer)
17. The Chalukya king who defeated the Rashtrakutas and occupied Malkhed was…….
(d) Tailapa – II (answer)
18. Azad Hind Fauz was formed during this period.
(a) First war of independence.
(b) Noncooperation movement
(c) World war-I
(d) World war – II (answer)
19. The capital of British India was shifted from Calcutta to Delhi at the end of this
(a) Civil disobedience movement
(b) Home rule movement
(c) Salt satyagraha movement
(d) Vandemataram movement (answer)
20. Santals were the tribal people of these states.
(a) Orissa and Andhra Pradesh
(b) Karnataka and Maharashtra
(c) Bengal and Bihar (answer)
(d) Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh
21. English was introduced in India by this Governor General.
(b) Warren Hastings
(d) William Bentinck (answer)
22. The King who started the Saka era is.
(a) Srimukha Satakarni
(d) Kanishka (answer)
23. The ‘Satavahana empire’ was divided into…….
(d) Aharas (answer)
24. ‘Alberuni’ was the court scholar of this king.
(b) Ala-ud-din Khilji
(c) Ghori Mohammed
(d) Gajini Mohammed (answer)
25. The names of the Satavahana kings are given below:
(b) Srimukha Satakarni
(c) Yagnasri Satakarni
Identify the correct option which has the chronological order of the Satavahana dynasty
(b) C, B, D, A
(c) A, B, C, A
(d) B, A, D, C (answer)
26. ‘Kusi Nagara’ was the death place of this person.
(a) Guru Nanak
(b) Ashoka, the Great
(c) Buddha (answer)
(d) Vardhamana Mahavira
27. The Pandyas ruled from this place.
(c) Madurai (answer)
(d) Dwara Samudra
28. The Mughal emperor who gave permission to the English to trade with India was……
(a) Jahangir (answer)
29. ‘Ibadat Khana’ which was constructed by ‘Akbar’ was a………
(a) court hall
(c) prayer hall (answer)
(d) meeting hall
30. The woman who resisted the Moghuls at Ahmednagar was……..
(a) Rani Rudrama
(b) Jhansi Laxmi Bai
(c) Chand Bibi (answer)
(d) Zizia Bai
With our free PDF notes you can get success in any competitive or entrance exams like CTET 2014, KVS, NET, CAT, MAT, CMAT, SSC, B.ED, IBPS Recruitment, IAS, CSAT, State Civil Services Exams, UPTET, PSTET, HTET & more. It also provides NCERT solutions, CBSE, NTSE, Olympiad study material, Indian General Knowledge, English Grammar, Mathematics Tricks, Current affairs, Science, S.ST, model test papers, important Question, सी टी ई टी नोट्स, Child Development & pedagogy in Hindi Medium.