Earth & World
Downlaod full PDF notes about Earth & World at bottom of the post, here we are giving you example of what kind of notes you will find in the PDF file.
1. Louisiana loses about 30 square miles (78 square kilometers) of land each year to coastal erosion, hurricanes, other natural and human causes and a thing called subsidence, which means sinking.
2. Each Wonder (in 7 wonders) has its own intrigue. Historian agree that the Pyramids stood the test of time, the Lighthouse is the only Wonder that has a practical secular use, and the Temple of Artemis was the most beautiful of all Wonders.
3. About 400 billion gallons water is used worldwide each day.
4. The industrial complex of Cubatao in Brazil is known as the Valley of Death because its pollution has destroyed the trees and rivers nearby.
5. From a distance, Earth would be the brightest of the 9 planets. This is because sunlight is reflected by the planet’s water.
6. The deepest depth in the ocean is 36,198 feet (6.9 miles or 11 kilometers) at the Mariana Trench, in the Pacific Ocean well south of Japan near the Mariana Islands.
7. In 1934, a gust of wind reached 371 km/h on Mount Washington in New Hampshire, USA.
8. Nearly 70 percent of the Earth’s fresh-water supply is locked up in the icecaps of Antarctica and Greenland. The remaining fresh-water supply exists in the atmosphere, streams, lakes, or groundwater and accounts for a mere 1 percent of the Earth’s total.
9. Earth travels through space at 66,700 miles per hour.
10. The total surface area of the Earth is 197 million square miles.
11. The gravity on Mars is 38% of that found on Earth. So a 100 pounds person on Earth would weigh 38 pounds on Mars.
12. The world’s deadliest recorded earthquake occurred in 1557 in central China, more than 830,000 people were killed.
13. Angel Falls in Venezuela is the worlds highest waterfall, The water of Falls drops 3,212 feet (979 meters).
14. The Earth is the densest major body in the solar system.
15. Asia Continent is covered 30% of the total earth land area, but represent 60% of the world’s population.