CTET 2015 Exam Notes
There are certain learning situations in which student participation through direct experiences can be easily incorporated, these are called activity aids. The activity teaching aids are really of great value as they put students in a role of active seekers of knowledge. There are five important activity teaching aids, which are listed below:-
1) Field trips
Types of field trips: -
Depending on the place of visit and its duration, field trips are mainly of the following four types, namely:-
a) Local school trips
b) Community trip
c) Educational trips
d) The natural hunt
Advantages of field trip:
Field trip provides learning experience in the real life situation by direct contact with objects, process, and systems and thus has many advantages which are enumerated as follows:
->It provides accurate information objects, process, and systems in their real life setting.
->It provides meaningful direct experience and hence results in lasting learning.
->The students learning can be easily diverted towards effective learning.
->Field trips are valuable aids to what students are curious about the natural and man-made process and objects.
->field trips can effectively supplement the classroom learning through application and reviewing the experiences of student.
Limitations of field trip:
1) A field trip may be occasional activity which at best supplement some learning segments of the syllabus.
2) They can be expensive and out of reach for many disadvantaged and poor students.
3) Field trips require proper and detailed planning to make them meaningful otherwise the trip leads to confusion, and fails to fulfill the requirement
Demonstration method is a concrete visual aid, because of its wide use in the teaching of science. In nursing education, it is used for this purpose and also for clinics, conferences, laboratory classes, symposia, autopsies, and teaching of health to patients. The demonstration method teaches by explanation and exhibition. In short, it is a performance to show a process or activity to others. When a teacher demonstrates, students observe and imitate to learn
Advantages of demonstration:-
The following are the advantages of demonstration method.
1) It activates several senses. This increases learning, because it gives a better opportunity for observational learning.
2) It clarifies the underlying principles by demonstrating the ‘why’ or ‘how’ of the procedure.
3) It provokes interest by use of concrete illustrations.
4) It correlates theory with practice engages student’s attention and concentration.
5) It encourages student’s participation in learning through questions and answers as the teacher performs.
An experiment is a learning activity in which students collect and interpret observations using measuring instruments to reach some conclusions. In science subjects experiments are used invariably used as instructional aid as they encourage learning by doing. While giving a lesson on an experiment, the teacher should organize the instruction so as to make the students aware of the following steps of the experiments:
1) Objectives of the experiments
2) Apparatus required
3) Procedure or methodology
4) Observations of data
5) Computation (totaling) of the observations made.
6) Results or conclusion
8) Ideas for future work
The student performs the experiment and writes a report on it. Showing the cause and effect relationship.
Dramatization is a very potent method of keeping the class room instruction lively and interesting. When a teacher dramatizes a lesson, the students become both the spectators and participants. This makes learning easy and permanents.
Types of dramatizations suitable for class room instruction:-
2) Play lets
Advantages of dramatization:
1)Dramatization gives an added advantage of students working as both observers (spectators) and doers (participants) unlike in experiment where there are just doers and in demonstration where there are just observers.
2) Dramatization makes learning a pleasure children love to act and show off.
3) Dramatization involves students totally and they appreciate the lessons remember it better
4) Dramatization develops the social skills required for them such as cooperation, co-ordination, punctuality, and human relations etc.
5) Dramatization makes students creative, sensitive, and alert.
Note: Did you liked the post? Please tell us by your comment below..!!