TET Practice Paper Set-02
(Environmental Science Paper-1)
1. Examine the following:
(1) The tip of the tongue-sweet taste
(2) The black of the tongue-sour taste
(3) The edges of the tongue-bitter taste
(4) The middle of the tongue-salty taste
(1) A, C
(2) B, D
(3) B, C
(4) A, D (answer)
2. The first-aid kit in a classroom contains tartaric acid, iodine, antiseptic lotion and potassium permanganate. The item/items you use to give first-aid to the victim of scorpion bite is/are……
(2) Potassium permanganate or tartaric acid (answer)
(3) Antiseptic lotion
(4) Antiseptic lotion and iodine
3. The number of players and extra players present in a kabaddi team respectively are……
(1) 5, 2
(2) 6, 4
(3) 7, 5 (answer)
(4) 8, 2
4. Examples for pollination by water and pollination by wind respectively are………
(1) Hydrilla, Maize (answer)
(2) Wheat, Vallisneria
(3) Drosera, Paddy
(4) Eichornia Pistia
5. Skeleton of a man: bones: : skeleton of leaf:….
(2) Veins (answer)
6. A farmer collected ‘sword suckers’ to grow in is field. The crop is……..
(3) Plantain (answer)
(4) Sweet Potato
7. The skin disease caused due to vitamin deficiency is…….
(1) Pellagra (answer)
8. A farmer has a field with sand soil in coastal region. Suggest a suitable crop which can be grown in his field.
(4) Casuarina (answer)
9. A person wishes to stay in a forest and study the life of wild animals. The type of the house he has to live in is……..
(1) A tent house
(2) A mud house
(3) A stilt house (answer)
(4) A hut
10. The abundant presence of these plants decreases the nitrogen percentage in the air.
(1) Leguminous plants (answer)
(3) Water Hyacinth
11. The gas that destroys chlorophyll in plant leaves is…..
(4) SO2 (answer)
12. Pick up the wrong statement with reference to water.
(1) It is not an element.
(2) It is a good conductor of electricity. (answer)
(3) 2H2 + O2 2H2O.
(4) It has a constant ratio of hydrogen and oxygen.
13. Examine the following statements.
(i) Need not clean toilet daily.
(ii) White washing of a house to be taken up periodically.
(iii) Store the garbage in the dustbin only forever.
(iv) Water and food vessels must be covered with lids.
Identify the correct responses from the following options.
(1) (i), (iii)
(2) (i), (iv)
(3) (ii), (iv) (answer)
(4) (iii), (iv)
14. Latitudes and longitudes on a globe are ….
(1) Latitudes are horizontal imaginary lines and longitudes are vertical imaginary lines. (answer)
(2) Latitudes are vertical imaginary lines and longitudes are horizontal imaginary lines.
(3) both latitudes and longitudes are vertical imaginary lines.
(4) None of these
15. ‘Gramasabha’ means…………
(1) It is a meeting in which the sarpanch and all ward members participate
(2) It is a meeting headed by the sarpanch in which all the people of a village attend. (answer)
(3) It is a meeting of sarpanch and the upasarpanch with village secretary and other employees of the grama panchayat.
(4) It is a meeting headed by the sarpanch in which all ward members, youth associations and caste heads attend.
16. ‘Shravanbelagola’, and ‘Mahabali-puram’, the historical places are located respectively in these states.
(1) Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu
(2) Kerala, Karnataka
(3) Tamil Nadu, Karnataka
(4) Karnataka, Tamil Nadu (answer)
17. The area of India is………
(1). 3.28 millions sq. kms (answer)
(2) 32.8 millions sq. kms
(3) 3.28 billion sq. kms
(4) 32.8 billion sq. kms
18. Read the following and identify the correct pair:
(A) Kuchipudi-Tamil Nadu
(C) Bharatanatyam-Andhra Pradesh
(1) B, C
(2) A, C
(3) A, B
(4) B only (answer)
19. Eastern and western ghats of peninsular plateau meet here.
(1) Seshachala hills
(2) Nallamala mountains
(3) Nilgiri mountains (answer)
(4) Papi hills
20. The hot deserts are situated between these latitudes on either side of the equator.
(1) 150 – 300 (answer)
21. Health, revenue, fire services and education belong to this category.
(1) All are ordinary services.
(2) All are emergency services.
(3) Health and fire services are emergency services, revenue and education services are ordinary services. (answer)
(4) Health and fire services are ordinary services, revenue and education services are emergency services.
22. The popular names of Gopal Krishan Gokhale and Dadabhai Naoroji respectively are……
(1) Iron man, Punjab Kesari
(2) Grand old man of India, Iron man
(3) Punjab Kesari, Socrates of Maharashtra
(4) Socrates of Maharashtra, Grand old man of India (answer)
23. This is not an organ of the United Nations Organization.
(1) The Secretariat
(2) The General Assembly
(3) The World Health Organization (answer)
(4) The International Court of Justice
24. Examine the following and identify the mismatch:
(A) Mud house – Rajasthan
(B) Igloo – Lake
(C) Sky scraper – Big city
(1) C only
(2) B only (answer)
(3) A only
(4) C and A
25. The product of science is indicated by………
(1) The scientific method of inquiry (answer)
(2) Accumulated and systematized body of knowledge
(3) The scientific attitude
(4) Gathering of data
26. Most important initial step towards achievement of an aim is…
(3) Objective (answer)
27. The method that helps in developing manipulative skills among the students is ……..
(1) Lecture method
(2) Historical method
(3) Laboratory method
(4) Lecture cum demonstration method
28. The arrangements that shows the creatures living on the land is…….
(2) Terrarium (answer)
29. The plan meant for evaluating the learning outcomes of the students in the classroom is called…….
(1) Unit Plan
(2) Subject Plan
(3) Lesson Plan (answer)
(4) Year Plan
(1) Formative evaluation
(2) Summative evaluation (answer)
(3) Diagnostic evaluation
(4) Grading evaluation
TET Exam : Study Material