TET Practice Paper Set-07
1. Find the italicized part in the sentence that is incorrect:
In some Counties in Europe(1) teachers are allowed (2) giving (3) children some homework only at weekends (4).
a. 1 (answer)
2. Choose the correct form of the verb to complete the sentence:
When _____ this morning?
a. did you woke up
b. did you wake up (answer)
c. have you woken up
d. were you woke up
3. Choose the correct answer form of the verb to complete the sentence:
We _____ volleyball yesterday
a. played (answer)
b. have played
c. had played
d. have been playing
4. Choose the correct word to complete the sentence:
There is very _____ petrol in the year. I’ll buy some when I go out.
c. a little
d. little (answer)
5. Choose the correct word to complete the sentence:
He apologized _____ being late
b. for (answer)
Read the passage given below and choose the best answer for each of the questions
Most human beings are awake during the day and sleep at night. Owls live the opposite way. Owls are nocturnal. This means that they sleep all day and stay awake at night. Because owls are nocturnal, this means they must eat at night. But finding food in the dark is difficult. To help them, they have a special eyes and ears. Owls have very large eyes. These eyes absorb more light than normal. Since there is little light during the night. It is helpful to be able to absorb more of it. This helps owls, find food in the dark Owls also have very good hearing. Even when owls are in the trees, they can hear small animals moving in the grass below. This helps owls catch their prey even when it is very dark.
Like owls, mice are also nocturnal animals. Mice have an excellent sense of smell. This helps them find food in the dark. Being nocturnal helps mice to hide from many different animals that want to eat them. Most of the birds, snacks and lizards that like to eat mice sleep at night – except, of course, owls!
6. The word ‘diurnal’ is the opposite of the word ‘nocturnal’. Using information in the passage, we can understand that an animal that is ‘diurnal’
a. sleeps at night and is awake during the day (answer)
b. hunts during the day and is awake at night
c. sleeps every other night and is awake during the day
d. hunts at night and sleeps during the day
7. Based on information in Paragraph 2, it can be understood that an animal with small eyes
a. must be diurnal
b. has trouble seeing in the dark (answer)
c. can see very well at night
d. must be nocturnal
8. According to the passage, owls can find food in the dark using their sense of
a. sight only
b. sight and sound (answer)
c. sight, sound and smell
d. sight and smell
9. In paragraph 3 the author writes. “This helps owls catch their prey even when it is very dark”. What is prey?
a. a noise that an animal makes during the night
b. A small animal such as a pet dog or cat
c. An animal that is hunted by other animals (answer)
d. An enemy
10. According to the passage, mice sleep during the day in order to
a. find food that other animal cannot
b. keep themselves safe (answer)
c. store energy for night time activities
d. stay awake at night
11. Using the information in the last paragraph, itcan be understood that
a. owls hunt mice
b. mice can hide from owls (answer)
c. mice and owls both hide from birds, snakes and lizards
d. owls sleep at night
12. Which of the following conclusions would work best at the end of this passage?
a. The owl is a nocturnal animal. This means it is active at night. The owl’s excellent sense of sight and sound enables it to find food in the dark.
b. Mice are nocturnal animals. This means they are active at night. Similar to the owl. Mice use their excellent sense of smell to find food in the dark
c. Some animals are nocturnal. This means they are active at night. The owl and the mouse are good examples of animals but the use their senses to find food in the dark (answer)
d. The owl and the mouse sleep during the day and stay awake at night
13. Choose the right question to get italicized part as the answer
The Children are sitting in the garden
a. Where do children sit?
b. Where have the children been sitting?
c. Where are the children sitting? (answer)
d. Where are they sitting?
14. Find out the pronounced differently from the others
I. blood, II. Moon, III. Soon, IV. mood
a. I (answer)
15. `Find the word that is pronounced differently from the others
I. bear, II. Dare, III. Fare, IV. dear
d. IV (answer)
16. Find the word that is pronounced differently from the others
I. enjoyed, II. Jumped, III. Died, IV. filled
b. II (answer)
17. Find the italicized part in the sentence that is incorrect
It is a(i) well idea (ii) to encourage boys (iii) to learn (iv)to cook
a. (i) (answer)
18. Choose the word which has almost the same meaning as the italicized one
I help them to assemble the different parts
d. fit (answer)
19. Choose the correct antonym for the italicized word
Travelling is considered very dangerous
c. safe (answer)
20. Choose the correct antonym for the italicized word
This is a common thing
a. strange (answer)
21. Read the short conservation given below. Identify the language function in the italicized sentence
Shrimathy : That remark was uncalled for
Venu : I’m Sorry. I shouldn’t have said it
a. apologizing (answer)
22. Read the short conservation given below. Identify the language function in the italicized sentence
Arun : What shall we do this weekend?
Sheela : Why don’t we go on a picnic?
c. suggesting (answer)
23. Choose the correct question tag
Mary has answered all the questions ……………..?
a. doen’t she
b. didn’t she
c. wasn’t she
d. hasn’t she (answer)
24. Choose the correct question tag
Hanif wasn’t listening ………….?
a. was he (answer)
b. has he
c. did he
d. isn’t he
25. Choose the right question to get the italicized part as the answer
Hari is writing a letter
a. What does Hari write?
b. What is Hari writing? (answer)
c. Who is writing a letter?
d. What is Hari doing?
26. Choose the correct word to complete the sentence
We are satisfied ……….. our son’s progress this term
d. with (answer)
27. Which of the following is a form of the verb ‘be’?
b. am (answer)
28. The passive form of the sentence ‘The Blue team won the game’ is
a. The game is won by the blue team
b. The game has been won by the blue team
c. The game had been won by the blue team
d. the game was won by the blue team (answer)
29. The reported form of the question Renu said to me, “Is the movie interesting ?’ is
a. Renu asked me if the movie was interesting (answer)
b. Renu asked me if the movie has been interesting
c. Renu asked me if the movie is interesting
d. Renu asked me if the movie had been interesting
30. Choose the word which has almost the same meaning as the italicized one
She seldom goes to conference
b. rarely (answer)
TET Exam : Study Material