TET Practice Paper Set-09
(Environmental Science Paper-1)
1. When starch is present in a food item, a test with iodine solution gives _______ colour.
(b) Dark blue
(c) Dark red
(d) Orange – red
2. Which of the following is NOT a mineral?
3. Prolonged deficiency of proteins in a person’s diet causes:
(c) Beri - Beri
(d) Muscle cramps
4. Which of the following are essential for the formation and maintenance of bones?
(a) Calcium, phosphorus and Vitamin D
(b) Calcium, Iron and sodium
(c) Phosphorus, fats and starch
(d) Vitamin D, iodine and glucose
5. Vitamin C is plentiful in:
(d) Iodized salt
6. Having excessive fats in one’s diet for a long time may lead to:
(b) Night - blindness
7. Which of the following is rich in fats?
8. Eggs are rich in:
(b) Vitamin C
9. Blood is filtered in the
(d) Small intestine
10. Before being sent out of the body, urine is temporarily stored in:
(a) The kidneys
(b) The urethra
(c) The urinary bladder
(d) The anus
11. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
(a) Digestion does not take place in the gullet
(b) Saliva is a digestive juice
(c) The digestion of food is completed in the stomach
(d) Our tongue helps to mix food with saliva in the mouth
12. The tube the food travels down to enter the stomach is called the _______.
(c) Small intestine
(d) Large intestine
13. What does the small intestine absorb into the body?
(a) Waste materials
(c) Digested food
14. What does the large intestine absorb?
(a) Digested food
(b) Undigested food
15. The windpipe is a tube that leads to the _______
(d) Small intestine
16. What of the following pumps blood to all parts of the body?
(a) Blood vessels
17. Which of the following is used to listen to heartbeat?
18. Which of the following statements about force is NOT true?
(a) It can seen but cannot be felt
(b) It is needed to make a stationary object move
(c) It can make a moving object stop
(d) It can change the speed of a moving object
19. Two forces A and B are acting one a box as shown below.
The box does not move because:
(a) Force A is greater than force B
(b) Force B is greater than force A
(c) Both forces are equal
(d) Bothe forces are acting in the same direction
20. The capacity to do work is called:
21. If one is able to move the table through a distance, then ________ is said to be done.
22. To do work, we need:
23. Anshika pushed a wall but failed to move it. Then:
(a) Energy is not spent but work is done
(b) Energy is spent but work is not done
(c) Energy is not spent and work is not done
(d) Energy is spent is spent and work is done
24. The amount of space taken up by matter is called its:
25. Which of the following things is waterproof?
(a) Piece of chalk
(d) Wooden plank
26. A liquid is different from a solid in that it has _______
(a) A definite shape
(b) A definite volume
(c) No definite shape
(d) No definite volume
27. Which of the following is NOT a solid?
(b) Cotton wool
28. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
(a) A liquid can flow
(b) A gas takes the shape of its container
(c) A brick can change its shape but cannot be broken into little pieces
(d) A solid has a definite volume
29. The solid which dissolves in a liquid is called:
30. The homogeneous mixture to two or more substances is called: