TET Practice Paper Set-08 (Part 2)
31. Best way to teach the topic ‘Functions of Parliament’ is through
(a) Conducting debated for arriving at consensus over issues
(b) Project work
(c) Lecture method
32. Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation mainly focuses on
(a) Continuous observation of the behaviour of the child
(b) Continuous testing to improve the child
(c) Promoting weaker ineligible students to higher grade
(d) Education of head, heart and hand
33. A social science teacher often takes an objective type formative assessment but she has a doubt about the reliability of the test developed by her. What should be done to increase the reliability of these assessments?
(a) Use standardized test
(b) Increase the number of questions
(c) Try to find out what other teacher do
(d) Use questions given in the booklet of exemplars published by NCERT
34. Social science should equip children with
(a) The ability to think independently
(b) The ability to defend social practices
(c) The ability to follow social rules about gender
(d) The ability to withstand social pressure
35. Which one of the following is a characteristic of reciprocal learning?
(a) Responsibility for learning is shared between the students and the teacher
(b) Learning proceeds by addressing the causes of forgetting
(c) Teacher is completing her education while working in a school
(d) Teacher reciprocates by actively leading the teaching learning process
36. Normative dimension of Social Science includes which of the following dimensions?
37. The collection of weather information by using weather instruments is an example of collecting
(a) Primary data
(b) Tertiary data
(c) Generic data
(d) Secondary data
38. Parents of a first generation learner express their inability to help their child in dealing with his/her educational problems during a PTA. As a teacher you should
(a) Ask them to carefully monitor the time their child devotes to his studies at home
(b) Ask them to join centres established for adult education
(c) Ask them to provide an environment rich in different types of learning materials at home
(d) Comfort them by telling that their knowledge about their child is of utmost importance in helping to dual with their child
39. While teaching democratic polity, a Social Science teacher invites an expert of Political Science from a local college to speak to her class. Before the expert could speak to her class, the teacher must share with him which of the following?
(a) Instructional objectives for the topic
(b) Text-book prescribed for the class
(c) Kind of assessments that will be based on this topic
(d) There are some students belonging to reserved categories in the class
40. Which of the following is the most important feature of a book on Social Science at the national level?
(a) It should be such so as to enable all social groups to relate to it
(b) It should not follow any particular school of thought specially in writing history
(c) It should not include lengthy texts as it is difficult for children to remember lengthy texts
(d) It should provide information in a crisp and systematic way to facilitate memorisaton
41. Which one of the following is the most suitable teaching aid to show proportionate size and shape of continents?
(b) Political map of the world
(c) Physical map of the world
(d) Poster of the Earth
42. A class includes some tribal children and as a result there is an environment of cultural diversity in that class. Which of the following would be the most suitable method for the teacher to use this effectively?
(a) Asking students to carry out research on topics related to their culture and valued by them the most
(b) Displaying tribal artifacts and costumes
(c) Asking students to tell about their tribes and relate the information to topics being taught
(d) Highlighting the role of freedom fighters such as Birsa Munda during the freedom movement
43. Which one of the following is a ‘Paleolithic site’?
44. The following factors form a basis for teaching Social Science except
(a) To transmit information on texts
(b) To develop critical understanding of society
(c) To promote analytical skills
(d) To promote social skills for adjusting in global world
45. Which one is right in reference to Social Science at elementary level?
(a) History – Geography – Political Science – Sociology
(b) History – Geography – Political Science – Economics
(c) History – Geography – Economics – Sociology
(d) History – Geography – Civics – Sociology
46. Which one of the following is not recommended by CBSE for Formative Assessment?
(a) Too frequent testing
(b) Using authentic sources of primary texts
(c) Source-based analysis
(d) Models and charts
47. A universal language of the map can be understood by way of
(a) Conventional symbols
(c) Thematic maps
48. The tomb of a Sufi saint is known as
49. Read some points about the Atlantic ocean
A. It is ‘S’ shaped
B. Its coastline is smooth and straight
C. It is the busiest ocean form commercial viewpoint
Which of the above are true?
(a) A and C
(b) A and B
(c) B and C
(d) A, B and C
50. The famous conquest of Kalinga by the Mauryan ruler Ashoka was fought in present day
(d) Andhra Pradesh
51. If a teacher wants to teach ‘evolution of life’ he/she must visit
(a) Natural history museum
(b) Archaeological museum
(c) Animal sanctuary
(d) Zoological park
52. Where, among the following, is the mid-day Sun exactly overhead at least once a year on all latitudes?
(a) Between Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn
(b) Between Arctic Circle and Antarctic Circle
(c) Between Tropic of Cancer and Equator only
(d) Between Tropic of Capricorn and Equator only
53. While assessing the attitudes and value, a Social Science teacher may assign weightage of which of the following descriptors?
(a) Does not share credit with other children
(b) Does not wish the teacher everyday
(c) Passively accepting ideas of others
(d) Feels free to ask questions
54. Which one of the following should be the most noticeable for a Social Science teacher about a discussion held recently?
(a) Students started questioning their co-students directly
(b) Students interrupted their co-students frequently
(c) Students refused to listen to their co-students completely
(d) No student seemed to be agreeing fully with other students
55. The median score of a class of 51 students is 36 in a summative assessment in Social Science. It suggests that
(a) 25 students scored marks equal to or above 36
(b) The majority of students scored below 36
(c) 36% of the content is learned by them
(d) The majority of students scored in the range of 36-46
56. A narrow strip of land, which connects two land masses is known as
57. Most suitable statement about biosphere is
(a) Land, water, air, plants and animals
(b) Various domains of environment
(c) Man’s immediate surroundings
(d) Plant and animal kingdom
58. Which of the following complements diversity?
(a) Speaking in own mother tongue
(b) Celebrating own festivals
(c) Travelling in a train
(d) Visiting native village
59. The year 2012 can also be written as
(a) AD 2012
(b) AP 2012
(c) BC 2012
(d) EC 2012
60. Which of the following is an advantage of a spiral curriculum in Social Science?
(a) Retention of the concepts for a longer period of time and with deeper understanding
(b) Ability to apply the concepts across disciplines