TET Practice Paper Set-11
1. A teacher notes poor attendance in class on Fridays, the day weekly tests are given. The teacher should
(1) Call the parents of the absentees
(2) Schedule tests throughout the week (answer)
(3) Do nothing
2. The purpose of new education policy is-
(1) to provide equal opportunity of education to all
(2) to improve the whole education system (answer)
(3) to link the education with employment
(4) to delink the degree with education
3. When 4-year-old Andy hears a concerto on the radio, he begins to move his hands up and down in a motion that resembles a person playing the piano. Andy's behaviour exemplifies Piaget's
(1) Sensorimotor stage.
(2) Preoperational stage. (answer)
(3) Concrete thinking stage.
(4) Formal operational stage.
4. Creative writing should be an activity planned for
(1) Only those children reading on grade level
(2) Only those children who can spell and also, can write cohesive sentences
(3) Only those children who want to write for the newspaper of the class
(4) All children (answer)
5. When the majority of pupils in a science class is well below grade level in reading, the teacher should
(1) Read to the class from the text book
(2) Plan many hands-on activities (answer)
(3) Show many filmstrips
(4) Prepare many dittoed sheets for the pupils to use
6. There is tension among villagers and you are teacher there. What will you do ?
(1) You will inform "Gram Pradhan"
(2) You will try to pacify them (answer)
(3) You will report to police
(4) You will keep distance from them
7. Career education should begin
(1) In kindergarten (answer)
(2) In the third or fourth grades
(3) When the child enters junior high school
(4) In high school economics classes
8. Concrete operations allow the child to
(1) Mentally construct hypotheses and theories.
(2) Imagine the necessary steps in solving a problem.
(3) Coordinate several characteristics rather than focus on a single property of an object. (answer)
(4) Imagine and analyze the thoughts of others compared to the thoughts of him/ herself.
9. What will you do in leisure time in school ? You will-
(1) take rest in teacher's room
(2) read magazines in library
(3) talk to clerks in office
(4) check home work of students (answer)
10. Of the following, the most promising step for a teacher to take in order to improve class discipline is to
(1) Note specific infractions of class rules in the marking book
(2) Evaluate his/her materials, methods and approaches to children (answer)
(3) Consult the class and agree upon a graduated series of punishments
(4) Call a parent – teacher meeting to discuss the situation
11. To be successful with an overactive child, the teacher should
(1) Give the child extra written work so he/she will have a reason for remaining in his/her seat
(2) Allow the child to leave his/her seat whenever he/she becomes restless
(3) Provide the child with purposeful activities that legitimize the need for movement (answer)
(4) Isolate the child from the class
12. …………………… refers to all the mental activities associated with thinking, knowing, remembering, and communicating.
(4) Cognition (answer)
13. The formal operational thinker is
(1) More tied to reality than the preoperational or concrete operational child who uses a sort of pseudo-logic.
(2) Exceptionally insightful about the practical aspects of life.
(3) Demanding of a literally true answer to most problems.
(4) Capable of abstraction. (answer)
14. Piaget's theory has been criticized on the basis that
(1) The concepts are not very interesting.
(2) Children do not seem to behave the way he described. (answer)
(3) The idea of development following a series of stages has not been well supported by the evidence.
(4) Assimilation and accommodation do not work the way he described.
15. The question "Will the shy child who never speaks turn into a quiet, shy adult or will the child become a sociable, talkative person?" is concerned with which developmental issue?
(2) Continuity and discontinuity
(3) Cultural universals versus cultural relativism
(4) Nature and nurture (answer)
16. The ____________ approach deals with how individuals analyze their many sources of information and the numerous steps used to make sense of this information.
(1) Critical thinking
(2) Information processing (answer)
(3) Cognitive monitoring
17. You show a seven-year-old a grocery shopping list of 10 items and ask him to remember them when you go to the supermarket. You indicate that he can do this better if he organizes them into categories such as fruits, dairy products, and frozen foods. You are teaching the child to improve his memory via
(1) Organization. (answer)
(3) Short-term memory rehearsal.
18. What is most important for a teacher ?
(1) to maintain discipline in class
(2) to be punctual in class
(3) to remove difficulties of students (answer)
(4) to be good orator
19. Of the following statements above slow learners and bright children, the correct one is that
(1) Bright children are likely to have a higher incidence of emotional problems
(2) Slow learners are likely to have greater manual dexterity
(3) Slow learners are likely to be physically stronger
(4) Both groups strive for success in school (answer)
20. "I am primarily interested in thinking processes; I am a __________ psychologist."
(1) Cognitive (answer)
21. According to John Watson, introspection was
(1) A valid method of research.
(2) Unscientific. (answer)
(3) The cornerstone of behaviorism.
(4) The study of the mind in use.
22. In Piaget’s theory, the sensorimotor stage marks the period from-
(1) 1 year to 3 years
(2) 2 years to 4 years
(3) Birth to 2 years (answer)
(4) Birth to 4 years
23. The best procedure for a teacher to adopt with a pupil who frequently stammers in class is to
(1) Afford the child ample opportunity to recite to the class
(2) Ignore the child
(3) Suggest that the parents seek professional help (answer)
(4) Suggest that the parents apply of home instruction
24. "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts" is represented by which of the following?
(1) The Gestalt psychologists. (answer)
(2) The behaviorists.
(3) The structuralists.
(4) The functionalists.
25. Family is a means of-
(1) Informal education (answer)
(2) Formal education
(3) Non-formal education
(4) Distance education
26. The teacher introduces a problem-solving lesson with a good motivation and then asks for proposed solutions. No suggestions are forthcoming. The teacher is best advised to
(1) Repeat the motivation until children respond
(2) Tell the student to read their text
(3) Show an interesting filmstrip
(4) Stimulate pupil thought by advancing a few personal proposals (answer)
27. The term cognition refers to
(1) Predicting the future.
(2) Analysis and synthesis.
(3) Thinking or knowing. (answer)
28. A child from a disorganized home will experience the greatest difficulty with:
(1) Well-structured lessons
(2) Independent study (answer)
(3) Programmed instruction
29. Individual differences within a class are best handled by
(1) Coaching slow children after school
(2) Giving the bright students free reading time
(3) Peer tutoring
(4) Organizing groups for specific purposes (answer)
30. Which of the following best describes Maslow's concept of self-actualization?
(1) The need to protect one's self-image through self-deception
(3) The need to develop one's potential fully (answer)