TET Practice Paper Set-04
1. He was a non-Mughal ruler.
2. This Sultan was against the superiority of the ‘Khalifa’.
(b) Mubarak Khilji
3. The main objective of the political parties is…….
(a) to criticize the ruling party
(b) to create political awareness among the people
(c) to increase the strength of their party
(d) to mobilize financial resources for their party
4. A man on a motor vehicle reached a junction and there are two roads in front of him in a ‘V’ shape. This junction is called a…….
(a) ‘Forearm’ junction
(b) Traffic island
(c) ‘T’ junction
(d) ‘Y’ junction
5. L.I.C was nationalized by this Prime Minister.
(a) Rajiv Gandhi
(b) Lal Bahadur Shastri
(c) Jawaharlal Nehru
(d) Indira Gandhi
6. ‘Widow marriages’ are the contribution of this person.
(a) Kandukuri Veeresalingam
(b) Tanguturi Prakasam
(d) Dayananda Saraswathi
7. This is not a ‘social welfare scheme’.
(c) Food for work
8. The central government is ruled in his name.
(c) Prime Minister
9. The reason for India being called a federation and unitary state is…..
(a) One single citizenship and supremacy of the Center over the states
(b) A written constitution and establishment of an independent Supreme Court
(c) Distribution of powers between the Center and the State and the establishment of the
Supreme Court in the Center
(d) Residuary powers in the Center and a written Constitution
10. The system proposed by Balwanth Rai Mehta committee was the…….
(a) fourth tier system
(b) five tier system
(c) two tier system
(d) three tier system
11. Some kinds of organizations are given in view of “access to finance”. Partnership, companies, single proprietorships and corporations. Identify the first priority among them.
(b) Single proprietorship
12. The formulate to find out the literacy rate is………..
(a) Total no. of literates ´ 100
Total population above 7years of age
(b) Total no. of literates ´ 100
Total population below6 years of age
(c) Total no. of illiterates ´ 100
Total population above 7 years of age
(d) Total no. of literates ´ 100
Total population above 6 years of age
13. The cutoff level of annual income for poverty line is Rs. 18000 p.a. Rajaya’s income is Rs. 21000 p.a. Choose the correct statement of interpretation.
(a) He has an income of the middle class.
(b) He is just above the poverty line.
(c) Rajayya is the richest person.
(d) He is just a rich person.
14. Gold is…….
(a) both a private and free good
(b) both a consumer and public good
(c) both a capital and economic good
(d) both a capital and perishable good.
15. A person has two options of reaching a place, by ‘train’ and by ‘air’. He opted to go by air.
The ‘want’ as fulfilled by him has this characteristic feature.
(a) Wants are recurring
(b) Wants are competitive
(c) Wants are unlimited
(b) Wants are substitutive
16. This is not the objective of social forestry.
(a) For scenic beauty a
(b) To produce raw material for paper
(c) To supply firewood to rural people
(d) To supply firewood to urban poor
17. Industrial structure in Andhra Pradesh in percentage
Name of the industries
Agro based industries
Non agro based
The structural changes as shown in the table reveal……..
(a) that economic development took place.
(b) an improvement in the tertiary sector
(c) that consumers are less interested in agro products.
(d) that fertility of land is decreased.
18. ‘Kamala’ bought one dozen Simla apples last week at a price of Rs. 200/-. She bought two dozen this week for Rs. 550/-. This transaction…….
(a) follows the law of supply
(b) is against the law of supply
(c) follows the law of demand
(d) is against the law of demand
19. “Proceeding from simple to complex” is a …….
20. “Listening to others with due respect and attention” relate to this instructional objective.
21. This is an instruction material for a teacher.
(b) Supplementary material
(d) Curriculum guides
22. To increases children’s interest and readability, cartoons are used in this graph.
(a) Line graph
(b) Bar graph
(c) Pictorial graph
(d) Flannel graph
23. In a group-directed instructional strategy, many speakers present their views and experiences on an important topic. This is called as……
(a) socialized recitation
(d) panel discussion
24. Ability to work with a group and to seek cooperation from other members is related to this type of skill.
(a) Social skill
(b) Intellectual skill
(c) Communicative skill
(d) Critical thinking skill
25. Identify the true statement.
(a) Problem-solving involves a mental activity only.
(b) Problem-solving involves a physical activity only.
(c) Problem-solving involves more mental activity and less physical activity.
(d) Problem-solving involves less mental activity and more physical activity.
26. “Radio, cartoon, dramatics are non-projected aids”. Identify the pedagogical term that is a substitute for the above mentioned aids.
(a) Graphic aid, audio aid, activity aid.
(b) Activity, aid, audio aid graphic aid
(c) Activity aid, graphic aid, audio aid.
(d) Audio aid, graphic aid, activity aid.
27. “A student predicts the temperature of the forthcoming day based on the past three days’ report”.
This competency is based on the realization of this objective.
28. Note taking is one the methods of teachings social studies. It is based on this assumption.
(a) They provide a permanent record and afford easy reference.
(b) Notes help to score more marks.
(c) Reading material from textbooks is tough and beyond the comprehension of average
(d) The syllabus in the subject is overloaded.
29. Brainstorming means…….
(a) No more ideas are generated, the brain is in a confused state.
(b) It is a technique used in clinical psychology.
(c) It is a technique very widely used in teaching social studies.
(d) It stimulates us to create ideas but does not bother whether the ideas are purposeful
30. The steps of the problem method are jumbled here:
A. Drawing preliminary conclusions
B. Discovering specific problem.
C. Exploring the problem
D. Collecting information.
E. Considering summarization for further study.
F. Evaluating findings.
Choose the correct order of the steps.
<<Back to TET Practice Papers