TET Practice Paper Set-1
1. You are teaching a topic in class and a student ask a question unrelated to the topic. What will you do ?
(1) you will allow him to ask unrelated question
(2) you will not allow him to ask unrealated question
(3) you will consider it indiscipline and punish him
(4) you will answer the question after the class (answer)
2. A quite, reserved fourth grader brings roadmaps to school and looks at them whenever he gets a chance. The teacher should
(1) Encourage the pupil to talk about them during a show and tell period (answer)
(2) Tell the pupil the leave the maps at home
(3) Take the maps away
(4) Plan a unit on maps and globes
3. The normal twelve –year –old child is most likely to:
(1) Have difficulty with gross motor coordination
(2) Have anxiety feelings about pleasing adults
(3) Confine his/her interests to the here and now
(4) Be eager for peer approval (answer)
4. The discovery method of teaching is best exemplified by
(1) Play activities
(2) Rote learning
(3) Independent study projects (answer)
(4) The open textbook lesson
5. In __________ reinforcement, the re-enforcer follows every correct response.
(4) Continuous (answer)
6. The best procedure for a teacher to follow when a pupil habitually calls out in class is to
(1) ask for a percent conference
(2) put a demerit in the making book on each occasion
(3) refuse to recognize the pupil even when he/she is acting appropriately
(3) call on the pupil to answer questions that are within his/her ability level (answer)
7. The reason why students run from school is
(1) Lack of interesting class teaching work
(2) Lack of interest in studies on the part of students
(3) Not giving punishment to students
(4) Callous attitude of teachers towards the problem (answer)
8. In Pavlov's experiments with dogs, salivation was the
(1) Conditioned response.
(2) Unconditioned stimulus.
(3) Conditioned stimulus.
(4) Unconditioned response. (answer)
9. Piaget called the period of infancy as the –
(1) Formal operational stage
(2) Pre-operational stage
(3) Concrete operational stage (answer)
(4) Sensorimotor stage
10. The discovery method of learning is best exemplified by
(1) Programmed instruction
(2) Experimentation in a science laboratory (answer)
(3) Team teaching
11. In classical conditioning, learning is evident when a
(1) Stimulus automatically produces a response without a prior history of experience.
(2) Stimulus which did not initially produce a response now elicits that response. (answer)
(3) Spontaneously emitted response increases in frequency as a result of its consequences.
(4) Subject repeats an action he or she has observed in another and is praised for it.
12. Essay type test are not reliable because-
(1) their answers are different
(2) their results are different
(3) their checking is affected by examiner's mood (answer)
(4) their responding styles are different
13. Which of the following can be taken as a reflection of meaningful learning?
(1) A good score in the examination
(2) A high degree of retention
(3) The capability of transferring/using learning in different situations (answer)
(4) The ability to recall as and when needed
14. In Thorndike's law of effect, events critical for conditioning
(1) Occur after the response. (answer)
(2) Occur before the response.
(3) Occur simultaneously with the response.
(4) Are unrelated to the response except during extinction.
15. You find a student to be intelligent. You will
(1) Remain pleased with him
(2) Not give him additional homework
(3) Motivate him so that he can make more progress (answer)
(4) Inform his parents about the fact that he is intelligent
16. Schools should arrange co-curricular activities for the students, because?
(1) Curricular experiences are incomplete without supplements
(2) Interplay of curricular and co-curricular experiences gives a better insight into the content and its context (answer)
(3) Everybody wants co-curricular activities these days
(4) Co-curricular activities make the school’s program attractive.
17. If you have a snake phobia because you once heard a loud noise while looking at a snake, for you a snake is a(n)
(2) CS. (answer)
18. 'National Council of Educational Research and Training' was established in-
(1) 1961 (answer)
19. You are teaching in your class and it is almost the end of your session. A child of your class comes late and seeks your permission to enter the class, you will?
(1) Not permit the child, as it makes little sense coming to class so late
(2) Get annoyed, as you are disturbed
(3) Ask the child to explain his/her position before you take an appropriate decision
(4) Allow him/her to enter and ask him/her the reasons for being so late when the class gets over (answer)
20. A series of responses that gradually approach a desired pattern of behavior are called
(3) Successive approximations. (answer)
(4) Conditioning trials.
21. If some students are not in a mood to study in the class, you will
(1) Force them to study
(2) Tell those students to leave the class and enjoy
(3) Warn them that they must study else you will report the matter to the Principal
(4) Tell them some interesting things related to their interests or your own subject (answer)
22. You enter your regular class to discover the children not in a mood to study that particular day. You will
(1) Value the child’s precious time and world; therefore, teach as per your plan
(2) Feel disturbed seeing the reluctance of the children to study
(3) Ask the children to mend their ways
(4) Allow students the freedom to come up with what they want and gradually connect them to your plan (answer)
23. Punishment is most effective in suppressing behavior when it is
(1) Immediate, consistent, and intense. (answer)
(2) Delayed, consistent, and mild.
(3) Immediate, consistent, and mild.
(4) Delayed, inconsistent, and intense.
24. Child development is defined as a field of study that
(1) Examines change in human abilities.
(2) Seeks to explain behaviour across the life span.
(3) Compares children to adults to senior citizens.
(4) Accounts for the gradual evolution of the child's cognitive, social, and other capacities. (answer)
25. Motivation should be followed by?
(1) Reward (answer)
(3) Knowledge of result
26. In Pavlov's experiments with dogs, the conditioned stimulus was the
(2) Bell. (answer)
(3) Salivation to the food.
(4) Salivation to the bell.
27. To maintain interest among students in class, a teacher should-
(1) use blackboard
(3) tell stories
(4) ask question (answer)
28. Which of the following is an audio-visual aid?
(3) Television (answer)
29. Ivan Pavlov has been credited with the initial discovery of
(1) Operant conditioning.
(4) Vicarious conditioning.
30. The term ‘identical elements’ is closely associated with:
(1) Group instruction
(2) Transfer of learning (answer)
(3) Jealousy between twins
(4) Similar test questions
TET Exam : Study Material