TET Practice Paper Set-14
1. How the students should be motivated to get success in life ?
(1) Selected study
(2) Incidental study
(3) Intensive study (answer)
(4) Learning by recitation
2. Which social quality of a teacher enhances his respect?
(1) Camp organization for students
(2) Poem recitation
(3) Literary interests
(4) Community service (answer)
3. What is the objective of teaching Arithmetic in modern primary classes?
(1) To help students solve real problems (answer)
(2) To impart the knowledge o1 various formulae and principles to students
(3) To provide knowledge of square roots, L.C.M. and H.C.M. to students
(4) The familiarize students with the Laws of Simple Mathematics and Tables
4. For conditioning to occur, the proper order of events is
(3) CS-US-UR. (answer)
5. A guardian never comes to see you in school. You will-
(1) ignore the child
(2) write to the guardian
(3) go to meet him yourself (answer)
(4) start punishing the child
6. Syllabus at primary level should be inclined towards—
(2) Social development
(3) Exercises on comprehensive subjects
(4) All the aspects of child growth. (answer)
7. What is the main responsibility of a class- teacher?
(1) To maintain discipline among the students (answer)
(2) To collect fees from students
(3) To maintain all records of the students of the class
(4) To remain alert about the health of students of class
8. The most basic form of learning that is not heavily dependent on higher order intellectual processes is known as
(1) Symbolic interaction.
(2) Information processing.
(4) Conditioning. (answer)
9. Adult education is for—
(1) Illiterate adults (answer)
(2) School going adults
(3) Normal adult people
(4) All of these
10. Which quality is most important for students?
(1) Hard work
(4) Independent thinking (answer)
11. __________ occurs when making a response removes an unpleasant event.
(1) Positive reinforcement
(2) Negative reinforcement (answer)
12. The ideal teacher-
(1) Teaches the whole curriculum
(2) Helps his students in learning
(3) Is a friend, philosopher and guide (answer)
(4) Maintains good discipline
13. What will you do if your students do not take interest in studies?
(1) You will take interest in your teaching
(2) You will make your teaching more interesting
(3) You will give examples of meritorious students
(4) You will try to know the reason for lack of interest (answer)
14. What is the most effective way to reform the aggressive behaviour of a child?
(1) He should be kept in isolation
(2) He should be ignored
(3) Reasons for this behaviour should be investigated (answer)
(4) He should be punished severely
15. Increased feedback
(1) Sometimes improves learning and performance.
(2) Has no effect on learning and performance.
(3) Almost always improves learning and performance. (answer)
(4) Is not as effective as computer-assisted learning.
16. Which of the following is related with teaching skill ?
(1) Black-board writing
(2) Solving questions
(3) Asking questions
(4) All the above (answer)
17. Students who ask questions in the class should be-
(1) Advised to meet the teacher after the class
(2) Encouraged to participate in the discussion in the class
(3) Encouraged to continue asking questions (answer)
(4) Encouraged to search answers independently
18. A child is conditioned to fear a furry, black cat. Soon she becomes fearful of any black, furry object. Her new response demonstrates
(1) Spontaneous recovery.
(2) Negative transfer.
(3) Stimulus generalization. (answer)
(4) Operant conditioning.
19. A teacher asks the questions in the class to-
(1) keep students busy
(2) maintain discipline
(3) attract student's attention (answer)
20. One of the important theories of moral development has been proposed by—
(1) Laurence Kohlberg (answer)
(2) Erik Fromm
(3) Daniel Coleman
(4) Benjamin Bloom
21. Character is developed by-
(2) Conduct and behavior
(4) All of the above (answer)
22. Negative reinforcement and punishment
(1) Have opposite effects on behavior. (answer)
(2) Are different terms for the same procedure.
(3) Have the same effect on behavior.
(4) Are not very effective in changing behavior.
23. How will you bring a hyperactive child on the right path?
(1) Make him sit in front of the class and keep a strict vigil on him
(2) Allocate a seat for him in a corner of the class
(3) Give him tasks of his interest and make him involve same activities. (answer)
(4) None of above
24. NUEPA is mainly concerned with-
(1) Educational Supervision
(2) Educational Unity
(3) Educational Planning (answer)
(4) Educational Evaluation
25. Which form of learning would most likely be studied in a Skinner box?
(1) Classical conditioning
(2) Vicarious conditioning
(3) Operant conditioning (answer)
(4) Conditioned emotional responses
26. The name of Yashpal Committee Report (1993) is-
(1) l.C.T. in Teacher education
(2) Learning without Burden (answer)
(3) Learning through Broadcasting
(4) None of the above
27. Spare the rod —- spoil the child. This assumption is related to that type of discipline which has been advocated-
(1) By naturalist philosophy
(2) By pragmatist philosophy (answer)
(3) In Victorian Era
(4) ln Democratic Era
28. A teacher can develop social values among students by-
(1) telling them about great people
(2) developing sense of discipline
(3) behaving ideally (answer)
(4) telling them good stories
29. A child bitten by a white dog is not afraid of black dogs. This is an example of
(1) Discrimination. (answer)
(2) Spontaneous recovery.
30. Which of the following is an approach to educational planning ?
(1) Man-power approach
(3) Both Man-power approach and Social Demand approach (answer)
(4) None of the above
TET Exam : Study Material