TET Practice Paper Set-15
1. In order to modify the undesirable behavior of a student the most effective method is-
(1) To punish the student
(2) To bring it to the notice of parents
(3) To find out the reasons for the undesirable behaviour and provide remedies
(4) To ignore it
2. By a continuous reinforcement schedule, we mean that
(1) Reinforcements occur continuously regardless of the subject's behavior.
(2) Responding without pausing is the requirement for reinforcement.
(3) Each correct response is reinforced.
(4) Reinforcement continues even when errors are made.
3. “Man is born free but everywhere he is in chains/’ This statement has been given by-
(1) Abraham Maslow
(2) Jean Jacques Rousseau
(3) John Dewey
(4) W. I-I. Kilpatrick
4. Which state of Piaget’s theory of cognitive development is characterized by abstract logic, and potential for mature moral reasoning?
(2) Concrete operational
(3) Formal operational
5. Knowledge of child psychology is a must for a primary teacher. That is because
(1) It helps in making children disciplined
(2) The examination result is improved
(3) It becomes a convenient mode for motivating children
(4) It helps the teacher in understanding the behavior of children
6. The aim of National Council for teacher education is-
(1) to open college of education
(2) to promote research in education
(3) to maintain standards in colleges of education
(4) to provide grant to colleges of education
7. Factor of personality is—
(1) Ductless glands
(2) Family background
(4) All the above
8. Learning is best defined as
(1) Any change in behavior.
(2) A relatively permanent change in behavior due to past experience.
(3) A permanent change in behavior due to physical development.
(4) Any change in behavior caused by punishment.
9. Environmental education should be taught in schools because
(1) It will affect environmental pollution
(2) It is important part of life
(3) It will provide job to teachers
(4) We cannot escape from environment
10. Operant conditioning is to Skinner as classical conditioning is to
11. In which stage of Piaget’s theory of cognitive development, language development starts?
(2) Concrete operational
(3) Formal operational
12. If a student does not pay any respect to you, then you will-
(1) ignore him
(2) award less marks in examination
(3) talk to his/her parents
(4) rebuke him
13. At primary level, it is better to teach in mother language because—
(1) It develops self-confidence in children
(2) It makes learning easy
(3) It is helpful in intellectual development
(4) It helps children in learning in natural atmosphere
14. Kohlberg’s moral development stages are closely related to-
(1) Freud’s psychosexual stages
(2) Piaget’s cognitive development stages
(3) Erikson’s psychosocial stages
(4) Sullivan’s interpersonal stages
15. In Piaget’s stage of concrete operational intelligence, the child acquires an understanding of the principle of:
(2) Abstract logic
(4) Object permanence
16. In ______, physical growth slows, strength and athletic skills improve, and health is generally better than at any other time in the life span.
(1) Middle childhood
(2) Early childhood
(4) Infancy and toddlerhood
17. A student comes late in your class. Then you will—
(1) Inform to parents
(2) Punish him
(3) Try to know the reason
(4) Not pay attention there
18. Piaget's stages of cognitive development fall in which order?
(1) Sensorimotor, preoperational, concrete operations, formal operations
(2) Preoperational, concrete operations, formal operations, sensorimotor
(3) Sensorimotor, preoperational, formal operations, concrete operations
(4) Preoperational, sensorimotor, concrete operations, formal operations
19. It is advantage of giving home work that student—
(1) Remain busy at home
(2) Study at home
(3) May be checked for their progress
(4) May develop habit of self-study
20. Which of the following best describes learning that occurs through observing and imitating others?
(1) Classical conditioning
(2) Operant conditioning
(3) Social learning
(4) Both Classical conditioning and Operant conditioning
21. You are teaching a topic in class and a student asks a question unrelated to the topic. What will you do?
(1) You will allow him to ask unrelated question
(2) You will not allow him to ask unrelated question
(3) You will consider it indiscipline and punish him
(4) You will answer the question after the class
22. Piaget held that egocentrism is characteristic of the
(1) Sensorimotor stage
(2) Preoperational stage
(3) Concrete operational stage
(4) Formal operational stage
23. Regarding the relative effects of heredity and environment on intelligence, which of the following statements is false?
(1) Heredity seems to exert a strong influence on specific abilities, but not on general intelligence
(2) Studies indicate that heritability of intelligence is around 50 percent
(3) The main environmental influences on intelligence seem to occur early in life
(4) Intelligence is a good example of a case of quantitative trait loci
24. To raise the standard of education, it is necessary—
(1) To evaluate students continuously
(2) To give high salary to teachers
(3) To revise curriculum
(4) To make good school building
25. If you are unable to get a job of teacher, then you will-
(1) start giving tuition at home
(2) remain at home till you get a job
(3) take some another job
(4) continue applying for teaching
26. On average, schoolchildren need about ______ calories per day.
27. Identical twins raised separately and found to have similar IQs are cited as examples of the contribution made to intelligence by-
(2) Infant stimulation
28. Seema learns every lesson very quickly but Leena takes longer to learn them. It denotes the developmental principle of
(2) general to specific
(3) individual differences
29. What is most important for a teacher ?
(1) To maintain discipline in class
(2) To be punctual in class
(3) To remove difficulties of students
(4) To be good orator
30. Family is a means of—
(2) Formal education
(3) Non-formal education
(4) Distance education