CBSE NCERT Class IX (9th) | Computer Science
NCERT Solutions for Class 9th: Ch 2 Web Services
► (a) Two electronic devices.
► (d) All of the above
► (c) twitter
► (d) All of the above
► World WideWeb
► at the rate
► E groups
|A||Video conferencing||1||Each of the end user has a camera as well microphone to capture the video data and the voice data in real time and this is transmitted over Internet.|
|B||E-Shopping||2||On-line shopping is the purchase of products and services over the Internet using a desktop/laptop or other smart device.|
|C||3||Messages normally reach a recipient’s account within seconds.|
|D||E-Reservation||4||“Without ever having to go to the booking office”|
|E||E-Learning||5||Self-paced learning modules allow students to work at their own speed|
Web Services mean the services provided by World Wide Web. The World Wide Web provides services like chatting, emailing, video conferencing, e-learning, e-shopping, e-reservation, e-groups and social networking.1. E-mail: It is a system of receiving, sending, and storing electronic messages.
2. Video Conferencing: The video conferencing is a conference between two or more people sitting at various remote locations around the world. They can talk to each other when they are connected to each other using Internet.
3. E-learning: The E-Learning is a method of providing guidance and/or delivering information to students of university or the employees of companies.
4. E-Reservation: E-Reservation System is an online reservation system that enables hotels, resorts, property owners, operators, theater operators and transport companies to maximize revenues without having to put human booking agents.
5. E-Shopping: On-line shopping is the purchase of products and services over the Internet using a desktop or laptop of other smart device.
6. Social Networking: Social Networking is a platform that helps people to connect with others and build a social relation.
7. E-Groups: E groups are a list of emails, users that can share information among each other.
8. Chat: The electronic chat is the communication between two or more individuals using their computers.
Email speed is much higher than the speed of the traditional postal or the courier service. Also you can send same message to mass number of people easily.
We can use E-leaning facility through electronic systems such as Laptops, Desktop or tablets for subjects we study. The courses are stored in programs are developed in such a way that the individuals don’t need to come to a classroom but can review all the data from any place convenient to them. Such courses are designed in such a way that people can progress slowly or at a pace, they can manage. These courses help an individual to assess their knowledge online. This is done using the built in evaluation tools like quizzes or multiple choice questions.
(a) E-shopping: On-line shopping is the purchase of products and services over the Internet using a desktop or laptop of other smart device. With the access of Internet everywhere On-line shopping is gaining popularity as it is convenient to fast paced life style of the people these days. More and more business firms are offering these opportunities because it also helps them to reduce the infrastructure costs setting up stores, hiring sales employees and merchandising.
(b) E-groups: E groups are a list of emails, users that can share information among each other. A single administrator can maintain that group and hence provide the entire set of users to communicate between each other. The administrator of the group has the control on what level of access can the different users have. Mostly all users can send an email to each other, but some users may have access to all the files that the organization stores while others only to a specific folder.
The email client may typically consist of four important fields. They are To:; Cc:; Bcc: and Subject:.
1. To: field is used to write the email address of the person to whom the message is to be sent.
2. Cc: field is optional and is used to send a message to multiple additional addresses.
3. Bcc: field is also optional and is used to send a message to multiple additional addresses. The difference between Cc and Bcc: field is decided in terms of visibility. The address in
4. Bcc: field is termed as blind carbon copy, the addresses mentioned in this field are not visible to the recipients of the “To:” and the “Cc:” fields.
5. Subject: field is used to mention short title for what is included in the body of the message.
There are many sites used for E-shopping such as Flipkart, Snapdeal, Home Shop 18, Naaptol.com, Yebhi.com etc.
Chatting basically means texting. Communication between peoples occurs through text messages. Low quality Internet Connection can do the work of chatting whereas In Videoconferencing, communication occurs through Video and audio. Also Webcam need to properly placed. High quality Internet connection must be needed.
E-learning beneficial for a learner in following ways:
1. Class work can be scheduled around work and family.
2. Reduces travel time and travel costs for off-campus students.
3. Students may have the option to select learning materials that meets their level of
knowledge and interest.
4. Students can study anywhere; they only need access to a computer and Internet
5. Self-paced learning modules allow students to work at their own speed.
6. Flexibility to join discussions in the bulletin board threaded discussion areas at any
hour, or visit with classmates and instructors remotely in chat rooms.
7. E-Learning can accommodate different learning styles and facilitate learning through
a variety of activities.
8. Develops knowledge of the Internet and computer skills that will help learners in
Advantages of Social Networking:
1. People can connect from anywhere in the world with the internet connection.
2. They can share ideas, activities, events, and interests with the people from all over the world.
3. An individual can share text information, photos, data files or even videos.
4. Help Businesses in finding potential customers.
Disadvantages of Social Networking:
1. Lot of time is wasted.
2. Many people become addicted which causes health problems.
3. Distraction from real world.
Advantages of Video Conferencing:
1. Reduced traveling cost: The video conferencing lowers the distance by showing the receiver on the monitor and it takes least amount of time to conduct talks between the two users.
2. Increased productivity: The people meet in the virtual world where the discussions takes place instantly without meeting each other and the decisions about a problem are thus made faster. This leads to increased productivity.
3. Going Green: Since conferencing between people is possible even without travelling from one place to another through video conferencing, a lot of petrol or fuel is saved.
Disadvantages of Video Confrencing:
1. Technical issues: Since the video conferencing depends heavily on the availability of a high speed internet connection, the technical issues of such types can delay the discussions among the participants sitting in different locations.
2. Lack of personal contact: All types of discussions cannot be handled through video conferencing. It is difficult to judge a person through the video or a virtual interview.
Twitter and Facebook are different platform. Twitter fall in micro-blogging Category while Facebook is a social network. Twitter lets user to share their view or ideas to world while in Facebook sharing of ideas is limited to specific group of people such as friends. We can make friends in Facebook, chat with them personally while in Twitter it is not possible.
<< Back to NCERT/CBSE Notes