NCERT Solutions for Class 9th: Ch 4 A Truly Beautiful Mind Beehive English
(i) Einstein’s playmates thought that he was boring.
(ii) Einstein’s headmaster thought that he was stupid and would never succeed at anything in life.
(iii) Einstein’s mother thought that he was a freak.
(i) Einstein left the school in Munich for good because he hated the school’s regimentation.
(ii) Einstein wanted to study in Switzerland rather than in Munich because it was a more liberal city.
(iii) Einstein found in Mileva an ally because she, like him, disapproved of the “philistines” or the people who did not like art, literature or music.
(iv) These told about Einstein that he loved freedom. He was liberal and cultured person.
Einstein called his desk drawer at the patent office the “bureau of theoretical physics”. This was because the drawer was where he used to store his secretly developed ideas.
5. Why did Einstein write a letter to Franklin Roosevelt?
Einstein wrote a letter to Franklin Roosevelt to warn about bomb effect and also wanted to encourage them to make a bomb to utilize its destruction potential.
Einstein was deeply shaken by the disaster in the Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He wrote a public missive to the United. He proposed the formation of a world government to stop the nuclear weapons.
Einstein is remembered as a “world citizen” as much as a genius scientist because of his efforts towards world peace and democracy, and for his crusade against the use of arms.
 Einstein is born in the German city of Ulm.
 Einstein attends a high school in Munich.
 Einstein’s family moves to Milan.
 Tired of the school’s regimentation, Einstein withdraws from school.
 Einstein joins a university in Zurich, where he meets Mileva.
 He works in a patent office as a technical expert.
 Einstein publishes his special theory of relativity.
 He provides a new interpretation of gravity.
 He is awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics.
 When Hitler comes to power, Einstein leaves Germany for the United States.
 Einstein writes a letter to U.S. President, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and warns against Germany’s building of an atomic bomb.
 Einstein dies.
1. became weak
2. in disagreement
6. in a state of commotion
1. Working round the clock, the fire fighters finally put out the fire.
2. She watched the sunset above the mountain, noticing the colours blending softly into one another.
3. The excited horse pawed the ground rapidly, neighing continually.
4. Having taken the wrong train, I found myself in Bangalore, instead of Benaras.
5. Having not bathed for two days, I was desperate to get to the bathroom.
6. The stone steps, being worn down, needed to be replaced.
7. The actor received hundreds of letters from his fans, asking him to send them his photograph.
<< Back to NCERT Solutions for Class 9th English
<< Back to NCERT/CBSE Notes